Chris Kiez Photography
Artwork Created with a Camera, not with a Brush
I became active in photography in the mid 1980's. The magic of mixing light and time using a manual camera was intoxicating for me. I loved learning how to apply science to bring together aspects of light, color, scene composition and time to create images that take the breath away.
In 1999-2000, I recorded war-crimes sites in Bosnia, while working for the United Nations and other agencies. Once back to Canada, I spent the next decade photographing over 1000 separate crime scenes as a forensics specialist. I've developed the ability to see multiple layers simultaneously, which make my images stand apart. "Selfie" was not a word in my vocabulary when I was developing mad photo skills in unforgiving conditions.
The first part of my photography career was the recording of hellish images to set the world to rights. Now out of forensics, I've used my skills, almost as therapy, to now capture things of beauty in nature, wildlife and humanity. My process was forged in the rare crucible of intensely challenging crime scene work, but there's no reason those skills can't capture heaven as well as hell.
Why Choose CTK Photography?
- I bring professionalism and enthusiasm to my work; I love photography, but realize that my skill requires meeting standards for the paying client.
- I have spent a decade hitting often impossible deadlines with high-quality work where taking pictures is concerned. If you decide to hire me to do a photo session you'll be getting top quality work with reliable, honest service; I deliver what I promise.
- My prices tend to beat most on the market.
What I Offer to You:
- My photo sessions can include: figure athlete photography, modelling portfolios, valuable object photography on-site for insurance purposes and architecture photos for real estate sales.
- Finished images, ready to mount indoors or out (outdoor images make exterior spaces such as pools, pergolas and other outdoor features come alive with UV-resistant metal prints of images that are crisp and high definition).
- If you like the images you see here, please visit the products page on this site.
Thanks for visiting, feel free to contact me with any questions you may have,
All rights reserved on text and photos; photos are not to be used without permission or consent of Chris Kiez
Chris Kiez 2017 ©